I want to "mailbox" mod my MB Dual Fuel Pro, 30"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hextejas

Original poster
Dec 17, 2013
and was wondering if it would work out ok. I use the AMZNP ? and it would work a lot better if it were in an external housing like the mailbox.

So, this is a picture of the side of my MB showing the vent and an attachment that is meant to be able to attach the propane tank. I never use it for that so I was thinking of using it to attach the mailbox.

The size of the vent is approx. 4.5" in diameter and I can take the movable vent plate off leaving the 4 holes. 

Should I cut the vent to get rid of those arms sticking into the hole, making it a full circle ?

The vent on my MB is quite a bit lower along the side of the smoker than is the MES and would that make any difference ? That is the smoke is being introduced into the smoker a lot closer to the burner than in the MES.

Also, if I could figure out a way to hang the mailbox from the propane tank attachment rather than to set it on top, I think I could get closer to a straight in path.

What do you think  and thanks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky