I took a beginners sausage making class...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great idea. THANKS for sharing all the info! First thing you learn is there are many ways to make sausage starting with Cure #1 vs TQ. I say go with what works for you.

I didn't get a chance to run some this winter but totally doing Duncan Henry's jap/cheese method. He uses jarred pickled japs well drained and plan ole processed cheese and REGRINDS it. Search him on YT lots of great sausage clips and info.

Reactions: uncle eddie
indaswamp indaswamp - I was planning to try this out. Jalapeno's are pretty available all the time. I will probably run the dehydrator in the garage for this.
I dont know if this is a thing in a dehydrator but word to the wise about dehydrating peppers in a vertical smoker like an MES.

The hot ass oils in the peppers raise with the air/steam/smoke as they heat and dehydrate.

So as air moves from bottom to top and and out the bottom oils will carry to the next rack, and that rack will carry to the next rack, and so on.
The result is that the higher racks of jalapenos will be HOT as hell!!!!

How do I know this??? Experience doing some chilitepin below jalapenos in my MES hahaha.

The chiletepins are way hotter than jalapenos BUT when pulled out and crunched on they werent too bad. The jalapenos above them... pure mouth fire hahahaha.

So just giving you some info to do what you will with as you dehydrate or smoke peppers to make dehydrated chunks or chili powders :)

So as air moves from bottom to top and and out the bottom oils will carry to the next rack, and that rack will carry to the next rack, and so on.
The result is that the higher racks of jalapenos will be HOT as hell!!!!
So that's why . Lol . I just thought is was because it was concentrated with the moisture removed .
- not on this trip. Went straight from work, drove an hour and got there for the evening class.
I need to take a day and ride out that way . It's about an 1 1/2 for me . Swiss is worth a stop too .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky