I need some HELP

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ihsfab

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Sheldon MO.
Could any of you guy's or gal's give me some information on how I would need to start on a BBQ Comp.? I live in a little town that has a Picnic every year and one of the things that was brought up to raise funding for our yearly event was a BBQ Comp. and I was wanting to know from some of the pros and regulars that go to the compitions is how it is done.
I need to know what kinds of things draw competers in. I don't have to long to set this up they want to have it around the 17th of May or otherwise its going to be to hot.

Kulley

A good payout $$$ draws them in. Make sure to have plenty of space and water and power available.

As mentioned above. Check out/join KCBS (or similiar) they can help with that.....especially if you are looking to be "sanctioned". A lot of teams won't bother cooking in an unsactioned event under most normal circumstances.

Thanks guys this is just what I needed. I joined up and I will see if our town would go for it. Thanks a bunch.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky