I Need Help!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

head1855

Original poster
Oct 26, 2013
I am in the R&D phase of building a trailer mounted smoker/grill to take tailgating. I have some of the pieces and a friend that is going to teach me how to weld (mainly using this project as the teaching tool). My problem is that I know what I want to do with it but I am not sure how to put it together to achieve this. The cooking chamber is going to be built out of a  5'x2' rolled steel pipe. I know that I want to be able to smoke and grill on it (most likely not at the same time, unless y'all can tell me a way to do so). Should I build a fire box on it and grill on that or grill in the main chamber when I am not smoking?

Bring on the feed back and ideas!!! I am a rookie at this!

Well good luk with the build.

Yes id have a firebox on it. the id grill in the cooking chamber or build a grill next to the smoker on the trailer.

There are a few tank calculators out there that will help with the build.

Id review the current build in the Smoker Builds sections.

Hello.  I agree with Brian.  There are several ways to go.  Spend time trolling through the smoker build forums.  If you aren't quite sure which way to go, there are loads of ideas and how to's there.  Each work well and in many cases the folks will post what they would have changed in there build; and precautions to take ( which they learned the hard way ).  After several hours reading you should be even more undecided.  
icon_biggrin.gif
  Search the net for Feldon's calculator.  Good luck.

Danny

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky