I may need the smoker gods

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JJS

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 17, 2019
Hersey, MI
DE534834-42B7-4AEE-AAFC-F42893B195E7.jpeg
So my 17yr old son is on spring break this week, and apparently bored!

I came home to my slicer on the counter in front of 5# of sliced beef on a tray, my natural reaction was “what the hell are you making and where did you get the beef?”
JR- “ it was in the fridge and in making jerky”
Me- “what recipe are you using?”
JR- “I’m gonna wing it”
Me-“ so your just gonna wing it with $30 worth of meat that was going on the smoker this weekend?”
JR- “yup, it’ll be on the smoker before this weekend don’t worry”

Gotta love the ambition...... hopefully I’m not throwing away 5# of jerky, good thing he didn’t find the 15# prime rib roast in the other fridge, would have been a way different discussion!!!

Lol

hope he's going to leave you some and not take it all back to school with him, thumbs up to your son for jumping right in there and taking care of business!! hope it turns out good

I was gonna tell you what I was doin when I was 17 , but I was affraid he might read it ,,,
That's awesome . Glad he has the interest .

I was gonna tell you what I was doin when I was 17 , but I was affraid he might read it ,,,
That's awesome . Glad he has the interest .

I know what I was doing at 17 and it wasn’t making jerky!
The poor kid has had smoke in his face since he could walk, he is now trying to convince me to bust the chargriller out of the barn to do some mods to it so he can fire that up in the near future..... I see smoker mods in my future

Reactions: chopsaw
I wish I could tell you what I was doing when I was 17, but it's a little foggy, oh the 80's, be thrilled he's into smoking meat.

810A9E9D-ED30-4277-B2EA-91C2D2FC68F9.jpeg

Here is the final product, it’s not perfect but it’s a start. The flavor is decent, a bit over cooked for my liking in some spots. Over all a success

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky