I love the bags from Vacum Sealers Unlimited!!! Pics included!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Martin,

I honestly don't know what EA is.  These bags are manufactured under strict government guidelines for food storage.  :police2:    They are BPA and pthalate free.

They are manufactured by ARY/VacMaster and are the exact same bags that Cabela's sells for a lot more money.  I obviously have a lot less overhead than Cabela's. 

Take care,
Lisa

Thanks!!!

EA=Estrogenic Activity, referring to chemicals that are endocrine disruptive.

BPA and pthalate of both endocrine disruptors, but there are many more used in plastics.

~Martin

Lisa,

I truly appreciate your very prompt replies to my questions.  Will put together an order shortly.

I have been using the Weston bags from Amazon and really like them but was going to try the 100 quart and 100 pint premiums but with the $14.24 shipping it was almost  $7  less with Amazon.

Hello,

We don't mark up the shipping at all and we offer several different types of shipping options, so you can choose the least expensive.  Most times, the discount really helps to offset the shipping price.

Thank you,

Lisa

Hi Lisa: 

Sounds like you've got some great products!  

I've been contemplating getting a vacuum sealing rig for my cooking.  I think my main use would probably for marinading things, as I've heard this is a great way to get a marinade deep into meat.  I would probably also use it for the occasional freezing project.

Which one of your vacuum sealing machines would you recommend for this type of use? 

Thanks!

txkbaldlaw

Hi Lisa: 

I've been contemplating getting a vacuum sealing rig for my cooking.  I think my main use would probably for marinading things, as I've heard this is a great way to get a marinade deep into meat.  I would probably also use it for the occasional freezing project.

Which one of your vacuum sealing machines would you recommend for this type of use? 

Thanks!

txkbaldlaw
Just in case Lisa doesn't respond right away you can give her a call and she will give you all the help she can:

http://www.vacuumsealersunlimited.com/

I see this is your first post here, when you get a minute would you do us a favor and go to Roll Call and introduce yourself so we can get to know you and give you a proper welcome, also would you add your location to your profile, we like knowing where you are when we talk to you, Thanks!

Hi Lisa: 

Thanks!

txkbaldlaw
Hi There,

For marinating, I would recommend using a 2-1/2 quart canister and our Pro260 machine, which has an automatic marinate mode.  The discount code SM1012 will take an additional 10% off, which will be an almost $30 discount.

Here are links to the products:

http://shop.vacuumsealersunlimited.com/VacMaster-Pro-260-87660.htm

http://shop.vacuumsealersunlimited.com/2-1-2-Quart-Vacuum-Canister-87653.htm

Thanks!

Lisa

WOW!!  I had no idea my recommendation of this company had taken on a life of its own.  Just stumbled across this thread today.  A year plus after making the original recommendation.

I'm glad so many are supporting this company.  I stumbled across them not knowing any better.  Thought it seemed like a good deal.  I found out how great they were when they shipped the wrong bags once.  Just a quick email to make sure I wasn't remembering wrong (it happens
icon_redface.gif
...) and it was taken care of with no issues.  Well, actually the corrected order wasn't correct either, but when I called I found this to be pretty much a one-woman show, and she was very apologetic about the extended goof and got it corrected correctly in no time.

I've been in customer service of one form or another for 30+ years.  Mistakes happen.  It's how they're corrected that I'm more concerned with.  And Lisa is just flat awesome in that respect!

Lisa, now that I'm working again and the guv't has rescinded the open fire ban, I'll be in touch for more bags shortly.  I'm glad you came over here and joined the fun!
Thank you so much for your recommendations!  I really do appreciate it so much and I also want to thank you for introducing me to this forum.  Everyone here has been so nice, and I have really enjoyed getting to know everyone.  

I also never would have become a certified BBQ judge if it hadn't been for this forum, and that has been so much fun, too.

Much thanks,

Lisa

Lisa,
Here's some Salmon nuggets I had to smoke and bag up.....using yes your bags...

rajaraqe.jpg

rare8u5u.jpg

py5umuta.jpg

Them pint bags are the bomb!

TapaYakin' from my iPhone

Last edited:
Heres some andouille I just finished!!!

The bags are terrific...They smushed the sausage out of the casing some...

Just ordered some more pint bags + some with a zipper which might work perfectly for the nuggets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky