I Did It!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin for life

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 21, 2007
Phila.
Well I halfed my chickens, brined them for about 9 hours. Injected them with butter, Italian dessing, and a little apple juice. I know I'm new here, and to be honest new to smokin also. I love eating it, but I never had the chance to cook it. But I did today, and I really wish I had a camera. I smoked them at around 250 for almost 5 hours. The chickens were about 3 1/2 lbs. Man did they look good. Dark golden brown. And the smell of the wood (mesquite and a little hickory) had all the neighbors out. Funny how they never really liked talking to me before. I think next time I'll cut the time down a little. I was using 3 different thermometors and they all read differant. I want to thank every one sooooo much for all the help. I know I'll probably never really get to meet ya'll, but you are really my best friends now!!!! Oh did I tell ya'll how good they were?

Congratulations and Kudos on a fine smoke! Funny thing about this particular forum, though.........Forget the fantastic success of your smoke.........We were best friends from the time you signed in!

Cheers!

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Good Going.....

Good deal Smokin
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
yea my wife is yelling @ me to do chic`n again ..... she like the breast & i like the leg 1/4`s !!! evry time my neighbor see me out there he has to come check it out ....funny ain`t it !!! i also agree this is the best place to be !!! ok take care have a great day .....
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

your chickens sounded good

if you want to calibrate your thermometers, boil some water and test the water... thermometers should read 212 degrees F

that way you know which one is the thermometer to rely on

i don't know what type of therm. you use, but if it goes low enough, ice water is 32 degrees

So, were they good? Just kidding. Congrats on your smoke. You have stepped over to the other side now. There is no going back!!!

Does this mean when I fill out a medical forum and they ask "do you smoke" I should answer "EVERY CHANCE I CAN"

Congrats on the chicken. Now that you got your toes wet.. what's next? Let's have some pulled pork maybe? Don't forget that camera too.

Keep Smokin

Glad to hear it was a success, it's always a good feeling when a smoke goes good. now that your hooked there's 1000's of variations to doing chicken and every other kind of meat from the very friendly and knowledgable people of this forum.

i think i'm going to do some kind of poultry this weekend or mix them up a bit some smoked some on the rottisserie

Good luck on your future smokes may they all be lip smackin napkin needing piles of good grub

Lisa,you can also fill a glass with ice then add water,let it sit for a while,then insert themometers.Set them to 32 deg and your there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky