I couldn't stand to see my smoker like this....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thoseguys26

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Aspen Valley
CLEAN & SHINY! 

Ok, I like a clean & shiny smoker but it was in the 60's today and I decided it was time to really clean my MES 40 window and replace all my tinfoil with new tinfoil, spray off the deck, etc.

Carrying on with my weekend chores...that damn smoker kept eyeballing me and getting in my head telling me that I had to try my new amzn mats and my new amzn pellet tube smoker...  I found something to smoke.

Almonds & Pecans

Mozz string cheese

Butter

30oz raw almonds

10 oz of pecans

3 egg whites

1 TB water

3 TB butter melted

1 tsp sea salt

1/4 cup brown sugar

4 tsp more spice creole seasoning

1 tsp white wine vinegar

1 tsp jalapeno powder

Whisk egg whites until they start to fluff up. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk until stirred. Poor over nuts and mix well.

Once mixed I sprinkled a little white sugar & cayenne pepper on top.

Smoke at 100°F for 2 hrs. Smoke at 250°F for 45 minutes.

Let sit over night and vacuum seal or put in sealed container.

I used the first two hours to smoke some string cheese and butter.

Should be done in about 30 minutes!

The mat's are awesome!

All mixed up, ready for smoke.

The door is closed in this pic :) That's one clean window.

For the 45 min temp increase, I forgot my cheese in there for about 5 minutes.. almost lost em!

All done. They're very tasty and simple. I will definitely try some more heavily seasoned recipes next time.  I loosely followed Todd & Gary's recipes as a starting point. I don't like overly sweet things and these weren't even a touch of sweet. Smokey, nutty with a little spice. 

Next time:

Less smoke, more salt, more sugar, more spice.

You beat me to it! I am going to do those nuts on my mat tomorrow! Oh I made your white bean pp Chili tonight! Yumm

You beat me to it! I am going to do those nuts on my mat tomorrow! Oh I made your white bean pp Chili tonight! Yumm
Awesome! The mat's are exactly what I was looking for. I can't wait to do some elk jerky on them.

Glad to hear about the chili! I froze some of my pulled pork and I plan on doing some traditional tamales soon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky