I CAN NOT screw this up...!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dernektambura

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Kitchener, Ontario...
Tomorrow I have to BBQ lobster tails, butterfly shrimps, oysters and "cold smoked gravdlax" (did gravdlax last 4 days) for my younger daughter graduation.... I CAN NOT screw this up... Any...any advice, no matter how small will help...

BTW... This is smoked gravdlax I did in last 4 days... tomorrow will shave it and present (as part of charcuterie board) on english muffin topped with "kajmak"
yes, I was sampling missing piece...

20201218_222601.jpg

Reactions: jcam222
Tomorrow I have to BBQ lobster tails, butterfly shrimps, oysters and "cold smoked gravdlax" (did gravdlax last 4 days) for my younger daughter graduation.... I CAN NOT screw this up... Any...any advice, no matter how small will help...
You already did the creative dad part with the gravlax.
Serve it as is and while it warms the guests will enjoy

have messed up a lot of seafood trying to get creative.
Stay with traditional
Boil or broil the lobster.
Saute the shrimp for scampi
Steam or grill the oysters.
I

Reactions: dernektambura
I am not an oyster expert.

Raw versus cooked are different sizes of oysters.

Raw oysters need to be smaller as in quarter to half dollar sized. They need a good acidic partner of lemon, lime or cocktail sauce to balance the brine. I've watched a few sprinkle with a touch of sugar, too.
They get better tasting after a few adult beverages for some reason.

Steamed oysters are about the size of a chicken tenderloin. I never tried one that size on the half shell

Reactions: dernektambura
like... I'm as far as you can imagine from any ocean coast... and I have 33 frikin' oysters in a box that sound like a thunder if you shake them... I even cover this bitches with wet towel to make them comfortable...lol... Why do people choose oysters over bacon or leg of lamb is beyond me but I do have this "slurp nonsense" and I can not fail...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky