I always think BBQing for friends is the best thing there is.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

h2so4ca

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
Seattle WA
So on Sunday I had some folks over for the Seahawk game. 

Now I don't know about you but to me that means I need to get some meat a smokin.

Late on Saturday night (about 11:00 pm) I put a 11 lb pork butt in the smoker.

Now I know that everyone has there favorite rubs and all but me I want to mostly taste the meat so I use a 50/50 mix

of Kosher salt and cracked black pepper.

Around 10:00 am I took a quick peek and a quick temp.

WeWe

Well she is sitting at 165 deg and ready for a bit of foil, now when I say foil I really mean one of those aluminum foil pans

that I can cover and seal in any juices.

During the smoking I spritz it with a mix of apple juice, apple brandy and spiced rum. I try to spritz it about once every two hours.

Now that was a fantastic sandwich. I always make a slightly sweet cole slaw that I put on my pulled pork along with my own Carolina 

style sauce. The gang seemed to enjoy it as they ate every last bit of that shoulder in about 20 min. Heck here it is the day after and I don't have a scrap of leftovers. I'll have to go to the store to pick up something for dinner tonight.

I will admit that every now and then when I'm spritzing it down, I have been known to spritz some in my mouth just to taste the consistency of my spritzing liquid. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky