Howdy from East Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texan

Smoke Blower
Original poster
OTBS Member
I've stumbled on to this site recently, and hope to pick up a few tips and maybe pass a few out as well. I've been cooking over wood for years. I enjoy cooking for the masses, and fortunately my job affords me this opportunity often. I just cooked for about a hundred folks at a charity golf tournament this past week. The pork loin was just right when they got off the 18th hole.

Have a Great Memorial Day cook! I will. There is a whole ribeye in the fridge along side the Corona and limes. Enjoy the day off and don't forget to give thanks to a vet.

Welcome to the forum Texan. I look forward to you sharing you smoking adventures with us. Please feel free to ask questions and to draw from the knowledge provided here my the friendly folks.

This will be a better place with your presence (if possible)
icon_wink.gif

Are you anywhere near Hemphill?....fished at the Bend many years with lots of good memories
icon_lol.gif

Thanx again for the welcome to all. Tis good to be around people with similar interest. My other passion is fast boats. Bass boats, to be exact. Maybe I need to start a forum dedicated to fast boats and smokin meat! What a combination.

To those that asked, I'm about as far northeast in Texas as one can get before having to claim Arkansas as the home state. Just outside Texarkana to be exact.

Just came in from crankin up the pit. My neighbors will be walking around with their mouths waterin' all day. I'm not doin my normal pork loin today, rather thought I'd try a whole ribeye. Picked up a 15 pounder at Sam's the other day and have invited people over this afternoon to splash around in the pool and consume copious quantities of various adult beverages. Basically an enjoyable day at the beach without the sand.

Enjoy the day and don't forget to thank a veteran.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky