How to reheat and bring chopped beef brisket back to life and moist(asking for a friend)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin Haynes

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
So I may or may not have smoked a brisket last week that ended up a little dryer than I or anybody else would have liked haha. We chopped it up and put it in a foil pan and popped it in the freezer and we want to re heat it tomorrow and hope someone on here as some tips or suggestions on how we can reheat it and with what to bring back some of that moisture that it didn't quite have lol. I've read thaw out on fridge a few days(done) and then to set the oven at 325 and pop it in there with some apple juice or apple cider vinegar and let it roll about an hourish until its 160 IT. What do you guys do? Or what would you do?

So I may or may not have smoked a brisket last week that ended up a little dryer than I or anybody else would have liked haha. We chopped it up and put it in a foil pan and popped it in the freezer and we want to re heat it tomorrow and hope someone on here as some tips or suggestions on how we can reheat it and with what to bring back some of that moisture that it didn't quite have lol. I've read thaw out on fridge a few days(done) and then to set the oven at 325 and pop it in there with some apple juice or apple cider vinegar and let it roll about an hourish until its 160 IT. What do you guys do? Or what would you do?
My first brisket was dry, as i undercooked it. Panned in the oven with beef broth sounds like a plan. If it was undercooked, take it a little hotter than 160.

Reactions: Kevin Haynes
This time of year?? Throw it in some chili and it'll be the best you've had.

I’d probably warm it up in a pan of nice strong beef broth. I like using a mix of Minors beef broth and au jus.
I like "better than Bouillon" beef base. I mix it kinda strong. Looks like beef pudding. Bake it covered around 170-200. Dont rush it.

A super simple solution that keeps it as bbq is to just throw it in a crock pot and depending on how much meat it is pour half a bottle to a whole bottle of BBQ sauce in there and cover and let it go until it is tender, juicy, and ready to eat.

SUPER easy and I would bet money that is is basically the most effective option you could choose. This is what a lot of people in TX do with brisket to have good "bbq" brisket in a lazy fool proof manner. It is also the lead go-to for not so great briskets becoming amazing for sandwiches and/or brisket tacos and/or brisket nachos lol

If you want to change the flavor profile up you just add any additional seasonings and mix/stir it in and taste and continue until it is perfectly matching your liking.

I hope this info helps :)

A super simple solution that keeps it as bbq is to just throw it in a crock pot and depending on how much meat it is pour half a bottle to a whole bottle of BBQ sauce in there and cover and let it go until it is tender, juicy, and ready to eat.

SUPER easy and I would bet money that is is basically the most effective option you could choose. This is what a lot of people in TX do with brisket to have good "bbq" brisket in a lazy fool proof manner. It is also the lead go-to for not so great briskets becoming amazing for sandwiches and/or brisket tacos and/or brisket nachos lol

If you want to change the flavor profile up you just add any additional seasonings and mix/stir it in and taste and continue until it is perfectly matching your liking.

WHAT!?!? I thought, if a Texan puts BBQ Sauce on BRISKET, they take your HAT and BOOTS and Banish you to Oklahoma!...JJ

A super simple solution that keeps it as bbq is to just throw it in a crock pot and depending on how much meat it is pour half a bottle to a whole bottle of BBQ sauce in there and cover and let it go until it is tender, juicy, and ready to

Second the crockpot. That’s how I recently did it. Just some beef broth and extra rub. Made some darn good tacos.

Hash is also a very good dish, but if were me and I had quite a bit I'd go for chili.

Chris

Yes awesome!

WHAT!?!? I thought, if a Texan puts BBQ Sauce on BRISKET, they take your HAT and BOOTS and Banish you to Oklahoma!...JJ
Hahahaha sometimes it's threatened :P

With how many people a brisket feeds and how often briskets are done for super large events seeing or having BBQ sauce with the brisket is pretty much a standard thing.
If you go to church events, big festivals, or anything with a ton of people and brisket is being served, you can pretty much guarantee you see an option for chopped brisket already mixed with BBQ sauce and often it's the only option. Preparing the brisket this way seems to stretch it way further for these kinds of events AND if there are any screw ups or less than perfect briskets no one would ever know hahaha :emoji_laughing:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky