How to measure smoke density/capacity in switching smokers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

austyn

Original poster
Mar 25, 2015
Najac Southern France
  • austyn austyn :
    Hi - I am moving from a Bradley six rack to my own hand built smoker which is four times the size. Any ideas how I can replicate the same smoke density in the new smoker from the Bradley. I am using a Pro Q maze which states that is has the capacity for units from 150 litres up to 500 litres. Any ideas welcome thanks
    austyn austyn :
    Just to clarify even further - If I smoke a 9lb Pork Loin in my Bradley for 15 hours - how long do I have to smoke it for in my new smoker to achieve the same smoke and flavour?
    austyn austyn :
    My Bradley is around 100 litre capacity

Reactions: kruizer
Welcome from Ohio! I honesty think this might be over complicating the process. In the new smoker if you smoke at the same temp and provide thin blue smoke until meat is done results should be very good. Are you an engineer by chance? :)

Welcome from Ohio! I honesty think this might be over complicating the process. In the new smoker if you smoke at the same temp and provide thin blue smoke until meat is done results should be very good. Are you an engineer by chance? :)
Sorry should have said earlier - Cold smoke only

Not an engineer but running a fast building smoke house in the South of France - getting pissed off with the reliability and build of Bradley

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky