How Time Ribs and Chicken Leb Quarters so all done about the same time.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ralvm12

Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
I'm going to be using my new Brinkman electric smoker for the first time. I will be smoking ribs and chicken leg quarters. The instructions give an estimate of 45min/lb for the ribs but nothing for the leg quarters. I know I'll be using their temp to determine when the legs will be done but I'd like to at least try to have the ribs and chicken done about the same time if possible. I've got 6.5lb of chicken and 9lb of ribs. At the estimated 45min/lb for the ribs they'll take about 6.75hrs. When should I put on the chicken?

Do not cook ribs for 45 min /lb total weight .you'll end up w/ boot soles.

use the 3-2-1 method. As for chicken , leg quarters take a few hours to reach 160.

All i can tell ya is your going to have to experiment a bit. i would worry more about getting my ribs right. You can take the chicken out the smioker at 160 internal and put it in a pan an cover w/ foil and set it in a oven till the ribs are done. leg quarters are alot more forgiving than ribs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky