how long will spices hold up when stored

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Lance R : i think you have just given me a solution , i hadn't thought about mason jars , i do know that light effects spices but if i spray paint the outside of the jars black them fill them with the seasonings and seal them with the lids , that should keep the seasoning fresh for a very long time !!!!....perfect answer , thanks !!!

Lance R : i think you have just given me a solution , i hadn't thought about mason jars , i do know that light effects spices but if i spray paint the outside of the jars black them fill them with the seasonings and seal them with the lids , that should keep the seasoning fresh for a very long time !!!!....perfect answer , thanks !!!
There's no need to paint the jars. Just store them on a cool dark place like a kitchen cabinet, basement, closet etc and you'll be fine.

So what sausage are you making in such quantities?

Lance

what i make are what i call southern smoked sausage , after moving to Colorado 22 years ago i found out that the sausage that i grew up eating was impossable to find so i decided to try to learn to make my own, so after finding out where to get the seasoning i really got into it, our freinds here in Colorado tried them, loved them as much as we did so it slowly became a yearly thing for us to make and give the sausage to freinds
as time went by word spread and this year we will be making about 240 lbs of this sausage , i won't need to buy more seasoning until next spring , but when i do the suppier told me that i would have to start buying by the case , which is enough to make 1200 lbs of sausage waaay more than we can use... earlier on this thread i made an offer to give anyone that wants to try this sausage enough seasoning for 10 or so lbs for free , all i ask is they pay the actual shipping cost and that still goes . so sometime next spring if your interested in making this sausage your self just let me know

on a side note , the last time i ordered from this supplier , i ordered a new breakfast patty mix, i tried it yesterday and while i found it good but not great the wife cooked 5 patties and took it to some freinds to taste , they were over the moon with the taste, so it looks like we might be making that starting next year , but like the other seasoning, the smallest amount i can buy will be enough to make 600 lbs of that
but on the bright side , we won't have to order seasoning's but once every couple of years

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky