How has your weather been??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Punxatawny Phil was definitely wrong this year!! Actually, our Easter Sunday was colder weather than Christmas!
PDT_Armataz_01_02.gif

OK, Iv'e had it!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_35.gif
It's bowing 30mph and the snow is coming down fast, there's allready 2 inches of snow on the ground and this is the forcast:

Hazardous Weather Outlook
Short Term Forecast
Winter Weather Advisory

This Afternoon: Periods of snow, mixing with rain after 2pm. High near 38. Windy, with a east wind between 24 and 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Tonight: Rain and snow likely before 2am, then a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Breezy, with a east wind between 20 and 23 mph becoming light. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Sick and tired of this crud
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif
I need a vacation!!!!

Sorry for the rant, I'll stop now.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Don't ya just love it theresa, we havent got that here yet but it's on the way!
by the way, i got a spot on my smoker for that Pa. Phil guy if he sticks his head back out!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif

Poor Punxsutawney Phil doesn't have much of a choice with all those people and lights waking his furry little butt up every year. What's he gonna say

"HEY YOU STUPID HUMANS IT"S TO EARLY!"
icon_mrgreen.gif

It's funny, but I grew up 20 miles from ol' Phils stompin ground. We never did pay too much attention to what he "said". I still don't!!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

27C here again today and dry as chips wish this drought would come to an end soon, cant farm dust. there is a saying among the farmers here ( there is money in mud no money in dust ) however that said the guys with irrigation are making a killing on fodder sales .

Okay, the saying in STL is, "If you don't like the weather today, just wait till tomorrow." I'm not liking tomorrow. We had almost 80's in late March, and a winter mix coming this weekend. Man I'm glad the cookers are under the porch out back.

Another lovely spring day!!! 12" of snow on the ground when I left for work this morning and its still snowing pretty good. At least it's warmer(28*F) this morning, two days ago it was 3 above.

I wonder how smoked groundhog would taste?????
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I don't know how it would taste. I remember my father talking about growing up in Armstrong County, PA. He would hunt the groundhogs in the fields of his Uncles' farms. The holes were a danger to the horses that were used to work the fields. He called them "whistle pigs". He and his brother would stake out a likely hole, and when they saw one pop up, one of them would whistle. The woodchuck would pop up a little higher and look for the whistle. When that happened, the "whistle pig" would be shot by one of their .22s.

According to Dad, his grandmother used to parboil the groundhog before roasting it.

Don't know if this has affected the weather some 70 years later. Who knows??

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Can't imagine they would be too bad tasting, all they eat is grass and roots. Probably better than some of the snowshoe hares I've shot late in season, they start tasting like cedar brush. Still snowing.....

Hey everyone, I figured out why the weather is so bad right now. It's because of the time change being moved to early March. So basically, it's not an act of God like many would assume. It's an act of Congress. Go figure, politicians messing things up again.
So I guess we need to protest the early time chnge for next year. Everyone write your congress person and tell them "Keep the time". They said it would improve everyone's spirits by beating winter depression, but they didn't mention extending winter till May. Always something in the small print.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky