How along Can I Let Sausage sit in The Fridge Before Smoking?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SH0RTS

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 2, 2022
So, i ground up and stuffed 20 lbs of brisket/pork sausage late yesterday afternoon. I have the proper amount of cure #1 in them. I let them sleep over night and most of today, as I ground up and stuffed 10 lbs of green onion pork sausage today.

Question is, is it okay to let them stay in the fridge one more night and smoke them in the morning, so i can let the green onion sausage sleep tonight as well? That way, i can smoke them all at once tomorrow morning?

Will one more night hurt?

Reactions: NefariousTrashMan
Thanks fellas. I thought it was okay. But, i just needed to check with the experts.

I'll tell ya this though. 30 lbs for one guy in a home kitchen is no joke. And, i still wanted to make two more 10lb batches of different flavors. But, I am spent out. It would be a lot nicer if i had a commercial kitchen and commercial equipment and one other guy to help me. It would be a breeze.

You're covered above . I did sausage this week myself . I always do it over a few days . Started Tuesday , and still have a couple pounds to finish tomorrow . Makes it fun and not a chore .
Like said above sleep good and post some pics .

Reactions: DanMcG and SH0RTS
Thanks fellas. I thought it was okay. But, i just needed to check with the experts.

I'll tell ya this though. 30 lbs for one guy in a home kitchen is no joke. And, i still wanted to make two more 10lb batches of different flavors. But, I am spent out. It would be a lot nicer if i had a commercial kitchen and commercial equipment and one other guy to help me. It would be a breeze.
I have the Exact same problem ! When I plan on 3 0r 4 batches the shots of Crown between batches cause me to get spent out too ! Maybe it's spun out ?? lol . Looking forward to see the finished product !

Sorry, Fellas. I think they came out okay. All has been given away and consumed.

Attachments

• 4A92A0B0-51DC-4D43-8AE7-FDE03151C6EA.jpeg
    4A92A0B0-51DC-4D43-8AE7-FDE03151C6EA.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 3DA6A16F-DC30-4F84-8FBF-0DBF96C96C21.jpeg
    3DA6A16F-DC30-4F84-8FBF-0DBF96C96C21.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 6C340DFE-00D7-4C69-A7D1-21164F9454C7.jpeg
    6C340DFE-00D7-4C69-A7D1-21164F9454C7.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 9D55E322-7EF0-424E-A3FC-7615B6266784.jpeg
    9D55E322-7EF0-424E-A3FC-7615B6266784.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: poacherjoe
Im searching high and low here in Birmingham, AL for a couple of pork bellies with no success so far. Plan of cold smoking and slicing me up some bacon with a couple different flavor profiles.

Im searching high and low here in Birmingham, AL for a couple of pork bellies with no success so far. Plan of cold smoking and slicing me up some bacon with a couple different flavor profiles.
If you have a Costco within driving distance, they sell pork bellies.

If you have a Costco within driving distance, they sell pork bellies.
Thanks. Im a member of the one here. They didn't show to have any online. I buy my whole prime loins there. I'll be giving them a call in the morning. Its a damn shame when PIGgly Wiggly doesnt have PIG bellies

Reactions: DougE
Pork belly prices are outrageous these days! I was at Costco a week ago and I couldn't justify the $4.99 / lb

SH0RTS SH0RTS have you looked in to buck board bacon (BBB) made from pork shoulder or butt? I have a butt in the fridge for the sky high price of $1.49/

Not knowing your location, I don't have recommendations on shopping.
I'm in central Florida and when I get a taste for pork belly, I pick up a smaller portion at Publix. Price still high, but all I want is a meal or two of braised side pork

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky