Hot sauce using juicer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bobrap

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 9, 2012
Estill Springs, TN
Hi all. Just acquired a Champion juicer for emulsified meat. I also would like to use it for hot sauce. I don't normally ferment mine and use primarily Cayenne. Would really appreciate if someone could give me a walk through on how to use the juicer. I will be fermenting this years crop of peppers. Thanks very much!

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome to the Champion juicer club. I don’t have a clue how to make juice with it, all I run is the blank plate and emulsify meat.

I don’t know, but seems counter productive to juice peppers for hot sauce. I would think something like an immersion blender would be better and grind all of the peppers up in the sauce. The juicer will take out the juice but separate the flesh, I think you want all of that in your hot sauce.

Reactions: zwiller
Hi all. Just acquired a Champion juicer for emulsified meat. I also would like to use it for hot sauce. I don't normally ferment mine and use primarily Cayenne. Would really appreciate if someone could give me a walk through on how to use the juicer. I will be fermenting this years crop of peppers. Thanks very much!
I haven't tried using my Champion juicer for hot sauce....yet. But from what I've gathered. You do them the same as any other fruit/veggie. Just remove the stem and cut them in halve length wise so the juicer can extract as move juice as possible. Are you going to ferment the peppers first?

Last edited:
Reactions: zwiller
I don’t know, but seems counter productive to juice peppers for hot sauce. I would think something like an immersion blender would be better and grind all of the peppers up in the sauce. The juicer will take out the juice but separate the flesh, I think you want all of that in your hot sauce.
The soft flesh will be emulsified as well. Leaving just seeds and skin. Depending on the screen size you are using.

The soft flesh will be emulsified as well. Leaving just seeds and skin. Depending on the screen size you are using.
That might well be if using a large screen, the one I have is very fine and no pulp would go through I can’t imagine. Then again I’ve never juiced anything So I really couldn’t say. All I know is it’s a beast when eating meat. Looks like soft serve meat ice cream coming out.

Thanks guys. I'll have to look into getting a large screen and maybe the tomato. Was wondering if I don't ferment and just simmer, would I strain the peppers and then run them through the juicer and use the left over liquid from the pan to thin if needed? Appreciate the help.

bear with me here ... but maybe you're making more work than is strictly required? i did my very first ferment with some 2yr old frozen habaneros last year - just halved them and stuck them in a brine for ... like a month. then blended and strained through a screen collander. reserved the mash, checked the ph of the remaining sauce, and bottled it up. not sure if a juicer would produce any more ... juice.

bear with me here ... but maybe you're making more work than is strictly required? i did my very first ferment with some 2yr old frozen habaneros last year - just halved them and stuck them in a brine for ... like a month. then blended and strained through a screen collander. reserved the mash, checked the ph of the remaining sauce, and bottled it up. not sure if a juicer would produce any more ... juice.

Not really. There are a few ways to do this. For one thing. With the juicer a step is taken away. The juicer does the straining for you.

Reactions: netspyder
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky