Hot Dog!!! w/ q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
They are done with Sheep casings. I'm not ready to give the recipe yet as while these are pretty good, they are not yet what I'm looking for. Will do a q-view with a recipe when I get it right.

know this is alittle late but i was readying this thread and i dont understand. so heres the question,if the dogs are smoked why do you parboil them after.what does this do to the hotdog.

know this is alittle late but i was readying this thread and i dont understand. so heres the question,if the dogs are smoked why do you parboil them after.what does this do to the hotdog.
Ok I've been doin some reading so I'll take a stab at this..from one noob to another don't take this for gold. 

They are not smoked long enuff to be "cooked" just long enuff to be flavored. Then they are par boiled to kill off any nasties before being bagged and tagged.   I do believe after all of this process they still need to be cooked/boiled before serving.

We are all a bunch of "MEAT GAZERS"
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky