Homemade pizza on the grill. First shot.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks good Jeff. I got a pizza grill pan that I need to try out.

Looks good I'm planning on doing a pizza soon. I got a kamado from costco and I'm going to try this weekend if all goes as plans doing a pizza at 650-700 degrees.

I have done a few on the grate, but the stone made all the difference in the world.  This was my first shot at a real pizza. Wow no burning on the bottom, hot clear through I just have to figure out how to get the top a little more done. 

I just have to figure out how to get the top a little more done. 
Just flip it halfway through!
biggrin.gif

Care to share your dough recipe?

Would love to share the dough recipe, but it came out of a bag.
I've found that to be the case with some of my most successful pizzas!! Our supermarket sells bags of pizza dough for a little over a buck, and frankly given the ease and quality, it's hard to justify making homemade sometimes.

The best dough I've made. Entire process takes about 3 hours.

1/4 Cup of water 85F-100F degrees.

2 teaspoons of active dry yeast (you may use fast rising)

1 teaspoon sugar

Sprinkle yeast and sugar into the warm water and left sit until very foamy. Usually takes 10 min. Sometimes more.

1.5lbs of BREAD FLOUR

2 teaspoons salt

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 1/4 cup room temp water

1 tablespoon of honey (optional)

Mix all ingredients into a large bowl once yeast has risen. Mix together until it has become a ball. Remove from bowl and use table top to knead dough by hand for 5-10 minutes until the dough becomes stretchy and smooth. You may use your mixers dough hook to knead as well if you're well rehearsed on using it. I just use hands. Round out the dough and place back into the bowl until it rises to double it's size.

Once doubled, split into two or three pieces. Recipe will make about 3 12inch pizzas or 2 15inch pizzas. Knead the pieces you've split again, round again and let rise to double size.

Flatten pieces, stretch, roll...whatever your preferred method of forming the dough and you're ready to make your pie.

Last edited:
I really like to eat Pizza. Your recipe helps me to prepare pizzas at my home. Surely I will try to make pizza at my home.

I have large Big Green Egg. Make pizza and calzones often. You asked about getting the top of the Pie done more. If you can get your Pizza stone elevated higher in the dome, you'll get what you're looking for.

Looks great! When the weather gets warmer I am going to try this on my weber genesis gasser. I found this pic online and I am assuming this person used fire bricks.

He mentioned something about elevating the stone made the baking temp and the stone temp almost the same whereas putting the stone right on the grates would make it significantly hotter than the ambient temp in the grill. Not sure if this would help your scenario of having the top and the crust be equally done around the same time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky