Hey Der! from Northern Wisconnie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

M1DN1GHT_SM0KER

Original poster
Oct 3, 2018
Kenny B here in Ashland, WI. First time posting, longtime SMF user. Smoking for 12 years now. Currently on my 4th smoker (Pit Boss Sportsman pellet) just a few blocks from Lake Superior. Pulled pork, venison hot links, cheeses (Wisconsin, go figure) and jerk chicken are my specialties and family favs.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Last edited:
Welcome, from California. I’m a recovering Minnesotan with a big love for the big lake. Thanks for checking in and we look forward to seeing some of your creations from the Northwoods.

Welcome from Green Bay. Ashland, you are way up nort der.

I love jerk chicken. I use the Walkers Wood paste usually as I like the flavor of that paste over other jerk spices I have used in the past.

What do you use for jerk paste/spice?

JC :emoji_cat:

Reactions: M1DN1GHT_SM0KER
Welcome from Green Bay. Ashland, you are way up nort der.

I love jerk chicken. I use the Walkers Wood paste usually as I like the flavor of that paste over other jerk spices I have used in the past.

What do you use for jerk paste/spice?

JC :emoji_cat:
I also use Walkers Wood a day or two before smoking. Then i lightly rub with Badia jerk seasoning. Since we can't get pimento wood, I toss in pimento berries (whole allspice) with mesquite pellets. It's as close to Negril as I can be without buying a plane ticket.

• Love
Reactions: JC in GB
I also use Walkers Wood a day or two before smoking. Then i lightly rub with Badia jerk seasoning. Since we can't get pimento wood, I toss in pimento berries (whole allspice) with mesquite pellets. It's as close to Negril as I can be without buying a plane ticket.

Attachments

• IMG_20220813_183454_01.jpg
    IMG_20220813_183454_01.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 4
Kenny B here in Ashland, WI. First time posting, longtime SMF user. Smoking for 12 years now. Currently on my 4th smoker (Pit Boss Sportsman pellet) just a few blocks from Lake Superior. Pulled pork, venison hot links, cheeses (Wisconsin, go figure) and jerk chicken are my specialties and family favs.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Hello, and welcome. Do you have a fav. cheese to put on the smoker?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky