Here it goes...with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well first how off was the thermo?  Secondly you are probably fine if the outside of the meat was at 140 before 4 hrs.  If you injected it should have been 140 internal at or under 4 hrs.  Since I can't know what and when I can not make the decision for you as to the safety concern.  I will say  that if you run it to over 200 F  in the house oven you most likely are ok but you have to make the decision based on the info I do not have.  Error on the side of safety making this decision. 

It was off by about 20-25 degrees. I did not have a thermometer in the brisket to start with. I checked it at about 5 hours and it was at 140 internal. I did inject it. It is funny I foiled it and moved it into the oven about 1 1/2 hours ago. They have already gone from 158 to 192. Not really sure what is going on.

Well after 12 full hours it hit 200 degrees. After an hour resting I sliced it, you can see below how it looks. It has decent taste, but nothing to write home about. It's kind of dry, but very tender. That is the beauty of smoking meat...you can eat your mistakes. Oh well maybe it will be better next time.

5530e29a_11_29_11_07.jpg

97591f24_11_29_11_08.jpg

04efd8d1_11_29_11_09.jpg

c5218213_11_29_11_10.jpg

So we had the brisket for dinner tonight and I must say it wasn't bad. It was a little dry but had good flavor and was very tender. Thanks to everyone here for all your help and support.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky