Here is what I am working with

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
alelover, Thanks.

I have been looking for that thread for 2 days to help wedel out. I have looked at it twice in the last few months but finding it again totally eveded me.

That thing needs to be a wiki or something OR, my old memory needs upgrading.
wife.gif

I think I have a lead on some 8 inch diameter pipe, and might just use 13 inches of that for the stack (according to the smoker ratio calculator).  ANY objections? haha.

Nice smoker.  I got my hands on a 275 gal clean oil tank recently and have come quite a ways with it.  Legs and wheels are on, just made a bracket to attach the firebox and plan on getting the door back on this week.  Can't wait for the whole hog! 

Have you used the one you have posted yet?

John

Great idea for using the tank. Huge grill area.

My only thought is that the one pipe connecting the FB to CC might create a hot spot under the rf plate and corresponding cold spots in the corners nearest the FB.

Could you add more? Or cut the bottom corner off the oil tank and fit the drum into the pocket then you could cut out a slot for more and more even airflow

The firebox is already bolted to the heavy duty steel bracket that I fabricated. Once the deflector is installed it should distribute the heat evenly. I've done quite a bit of research on getting even distribution of the smoke/heat. Hopefully will have door on this week. Pig is calling my name.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky