Help save me!-Pork Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigdlu75

Original poster
May 30, 2017
So for a picnic with quite a few guests scheduled for this weekend, my parents asked me to put on a BBQ in which we were going to do 4 racks of ribs and 2 Pork Butts. I was in charge of the ribs and mom was in charge of getting the pork Butts. We were going to go together to buy them, but mom called today and said she had found some at a very cheap grocery store. Not only am I very suspect of the Butts because of where they came from, but she also bought boneless pork Butts. I have always read/heard that bone-in is crucial to producing tender Butts, and so I'm very concerned these will bomb. Has anyone had success with turning bonkess bork Butts into tender pulled pork?

IMO, the only down side will be the flavor that the bone contributes. This should be minor, especially with that many folks.

Yup, boneless are fine. But depending on how good a job the butcher did on them, you might need to tie each one together with kitchen twine.

The ones I've gotten from Costco look like they've gone thru a threshing machine. 

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky