Help identifying this smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

furious002003

Original poster
May 18, 2017
I could use some help identifying this smoker. I believe it is an old brinkman and I am trying to figure out if it is worth the buy. They are asking $200 but I know I can get them down on price. The firebox has a lot of rust but that is not a big deal. I don't see any rust holes. Any advice and opinions on this type of smoker (primarily a horizontal offset smoker guy) would be appreciated.

​Sure looks like mine.  Wife bought me this new 2 years ago for under 250.

In my opnion thats a under 150 dollar smoker.

I added a propane burner and use a pellet tube to make alot of cured meats and sausage.

Last edited:
Are the grates salvageable? If not take that into consideration look for replacements availability.

Well I picked it up for $75. Got it home and washed it out. Lit a chimney in it to identify leaks and its the usual suspects. Once I get done with the planned mods she will be a cooking machine. Inside of the cooking chamber has some rust ecspecially on the bottom where water was settled. But I'll clean her up and keep her seasoned with some oil. Clean up And paint the outside. Should be good to go. Very excited to get this one done. I've got 4 offset horizontals in my collection and Now this is the first vertical.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky