Helloooooooooooooo from the hawkeye state

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tim smith

Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
First post and glad to be here.............
I have a side box smoker and have had trouble keeping my brisquet and ribs tender when smoked. Although I am improving at both, I am open to any advice to help improve things

Welcome aboard, Tim!

You will find the answers to your questions already posted in the appropriate sections. Check under the main heading of Beef for your brisquet and Pork for your ribs. For your pork ribs I would check out the 3-2-1 method.

Then, of course, we have available for free Jeff's five day basic smoking course. A super deal for the novice as well as the pro! Check it out!

So, sit back, pop your favorite, and get ready to do some reading. there's a whole bunch of info here free for the asking!

Happy to have you joining us and please post any questions you have in the appropriate section. Answers will soon arrive!

Cheers!

Welcome aboard Tim,

Low and slow, that's what makes the meat get tender. Keep that smoke chamber temp at 200 - 245 and give it enough time and you will get a tender meat. \

So, ask or answer questions and jump in on any thread that strikes your fancy.

Nice to have you here, Tim. Monty covered pretty well when he said that your answers can be found in the Beef and Pork sections. Once you try the 3-2-1 method for doing spare ribs, you won't want to do them any other way-baby back ribs use a modified version of the 3-2-1 method and that's covered pretty well too.

Lots of tips, recipes and photos here at SMF- as well as some great topic discussions. Enjoy yourself here at SMF.

Welcome, glad you joined us. Hope this weekend is good for you. Are you doing any smoking? Keep us up to speed on your progress, and get us some pictures of your smokes. We LOVE pictures!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky