Hello from NE Indiana

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pikingrin

Original poster
May 27, 2023
Been browsing this forum for a few years and been getting the smoking meat newsletter for a bit longer, finally making the time to hopefully contribute when I can and ask a few questions along the way.

Originally from Texas, I am a huge fan of brisket but have learned to do a mighty fine batch of pulled pork when I moved up North. I feel like I’ve got these two pieces of meat down and have recently branched out to curing and other experiments with other cuts.

My current kit consists of a 36” chambered Klose offset with a hefty 1/2” thick firebox so I can smoke all winter without issues. It’s got 2 expanded metal oven rack type shelves that pull out for easy moving around of large cuts, as well as easy cleaning. Also have a Weber charcoal grill, a large old Smokey and a large big green egg that has kind of taken the place of the Weber and old Smokey. I grill/smoke most days over summer and some during winter, but that tends to be my bacon making season lately.

Anyway, glad to be here and look forward to getting involved!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky