Hello Fellow Smokers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jaybird28

Original poster
Dec 14, 2013
Seattle, Washington
Santa brought me my first smoker this year. Its a 30" Masterbuilt powered by propane. So far I've successfully cooked a brisket, pork lion, salmon, and spare ribs. Today I messed up on second shot at salmon. Way to dry but I'm learning. I live in Seattle and work for Anheuser-Busch. I call on all the stadiums and airport. Fun Fact--For the San Francisco MNF game in September, we went thru 800 kegs. They drink a ton a Seahawk Games. One of the things I'm trying to figure out in my smoking is how different woods affect different flavors. I'm going to try my first whole chicken tomorrow, and believe it our not, I'm going to smoke a 13lb turkey for Christmas dinner for the family. Pretty risky move right out the gate to say the least

Glad you joined us jaybird28, congrats on the new MES and :welcome1: from North Dakota!
Not risky at all... best part about this hobby is we get to eat our mistakes while we learn from them!

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

ReplyQuote  Multi

Welcome aboard Jaybird!  This is the best place I know for sharing ideas on smoking, grilling, curing, etc.  There are plenty of friendly, knowledgeable folks who really enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input here, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky