Hello fellow food lovers! Let me introduce myself and share a delicious Romanian Mici recipe! 🇷🇴🍽

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Epicnoob

Original poster
Mar 26, 2023
I'm delighted to be a part of this incredible group of foodies! I've had a long-standing interest for cooking, and I can't wait to share some of my favorite recipes with you all and learn from you all.

I decided to start off with sharing Romanian Mici, one of my all-time favorite foods! If you've never had them, Mici are tasty grilled meat rolls that are made from a combination of ground beef, pork, and lamb and spiced with garlic, paprika, and other ingredients. They are ideal for an intimate supper with friends and family or a summertime barbecue.

This YouTube video shows you step-by-step how to make the perfect Romanian Mici:

I hope you enjoy making and eating these as much as I do! If you have any questions or need help with the recipe, don't hesitate to reach out. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and discovering new mouthwatering dishes together!

after some reflection i think your recepie remainds me of something i know as chevapchichi. not sure of the spelling. all i can remember that its tasty. getting new bbq in next week or so and i will make these first thing on it. thanks for the memories.

Reactions: Epicnoob
after some reflection i think your recepie remainds me of something i know as chevapchichi. not sure of the spelling. all i can remember that its tasty. getting new bbq in next week or so and i will make these first thing on it. thanks for the memories.
My pleasure! Make sure to follow the video. The key ingredient is baking soda. Romanians are always grilling them if a bbq is fired up. You also find these made on Romanian streets and they sell for about.. under 50 cents/each.

Welcome from North Carolina.
I've never heard of Romanian Mici but it looks fantastic. Something I'll have to try. I also like the sausage press hack.

Newglide Newglide Hi there matey and thank you! Go ahead with the thought on trying Mici... they are super tasty.
LazyK68 LazyK68 Thanks you :) . Yeah I thought it's a good way to introduce myself. The recipe is delicious!

Attachments

• 20220501_163906.jpg
    20220501_163906.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220501_171315.jpg
    20220501_171315.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 5
EN, I like the meat mixture and the spice combo. I would cheat though and stuff them in a small hog casing. :)
Hmm... that's an idea but, I wouldn't do that personally, because that would change the texture and the taste, you want them to be juicy inside and nicely roasted on the outside. Adding hog casing would transform them into sausages and not mici.

Hmm... that's an idea but, I wouldn't do that personally, because that would change the texture and the taste, you want them to be juicy inside and nicely roasted on the outside. Adding hog casing would transform them into sausages and not mici.
EN, If i do it ,I won't tell you I corrupted your mici recipe! :)

• Haha
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky