Hawiian bbq sauce?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
Susie put this out i kinda like it.

INGREDIENTS

• ▢1 cup ketchup
  • ▢1 cup brown sugar
  • ▢⅔ cup low sodium soy sauce
  • ▢½ cup pineapple juice
  • ▢6 cloves garlic
  • ▢2 Tablespoons ginger (finely grated)
  • ▢2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
  • ▢2 Tablespoons sesame oil
  • ▢2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
  • ▢salt (to taste)

INSTRUCTIONS

• Make the BBQ sauce. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil while whisking constantly. Reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid, and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  • Cool. Remove the sauce from the heat and allow it to cool slightly before using.
  • Store. Transfer any unused BBQ sauce to a lidded jar and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.

Thanks for sharing. I'll have to make up a batch soon.
I used to buy Beaver brand Hawaiian BBQ sauce, out of Oregon, but I think they quit making it a while back. Too bad, it was great stuff!

Reactions: negolien
Thanks for sharing. I'll have to make up a batch soon.
I used to buy Beaver brand Hawaiian BBQ sauce, out of Oregon, but I think they quit making it a while back. Too bad, it was great stuff!

Yeah, nice to see something unique. I really like the stuff susie puts out it's not all perfect but there's some great ideas on the hey grill hey site

Reactions: Marknmd
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky