Haven't heard of this brine before.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just wondering if the cider or red wine vinegar has enough acidity to keep the Bot away...? I don't know, posing the question for the experts out there. My bottles don't list a level like the white distilled vinegar does.

Keep them refrigerated and there is no worries...JJ

98572ED5-3BA9-4E2A-8DD7-ED9371468507.jpeg
I got the stuff to make Red Beets Eggs, but I think I want to try Amish Mustard Eggs...JJ
Just discoverd the Amish Mustard Egg thread in the sides forum a couple days ago. Got around to starting a batch last night.

Reactions: Steve H
Man I bet those are going to be good! I am sure that brine would make some wicked good pickled sausage as well.

I'm thinking the same. I would have done some of that today as well. But I had a busy enough day already. But soon.......

Reactions: jcam222
I’m in the mood for a bloody mary now. I love v8 as well, but only in kicks then I don’t drink it for awhile...but definitely a bloody mary this weekend.

I always have a bottle of bloody Mary mixer in the fridge. Not that I drink a ton of them. It's just that I like drinking the mix straight as well. Now that I think of that. I bet the mix would have worked just as well. If not better then V8.
Hmm, bloody Mary eggs...

I always have a bottle of bloody Mary mixer in the fridge. Not that I drink a ton of them. It's just that I like drinking the mix straight as well. Now that I think of that. I bet the mix would have worked just as well. If not better then V8.
Hmm, bloody Mary eggs...

I have a 4 day weekend coming up, I want to make one. I have a little bit of black peppercorn vodka someone gifted me. It made a good bloody mary. I drank one months ago, so might as well use up the rest of it.

Bloody Mary eggs? Sounds like you’re onto something. The brine you posted at the beginning seems like a good start. Maybe lose the onion flakes and mustard and then add horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and celery seed. What do you think? Sounds like a Bloody Mary flavor profile.

Reactions: Steve H
Hmm, bloody Mary eggs...

That also reminded me, when I was on vacation in VA, there’s a little hotsauce store I like to stop at. I end up in there for hours sampling and BSing (the owners have ties to my area)

Anyway, they had this Bloody Mary mix I tried and I really enjoyed it. I should of bought some there but I already spent enough money.

Here’s the link, think I’m going to order some.

https://clark-and-hopkins.myshopify.com/products/chesapeake-bay-bloody-mary-mix

It has been about a week. I couldn't hold out any longer!

PA283314.JPG

Since these were vacuum packed the flavor got in there pretty good. And the they are delicious! Perhaps just a touch more hot sauce next time.

Reactions: pc farmer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky