have not seen this yet...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrmosh303

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
Hudson, Co
so...i am going to brine, slaughterhouse, and prolly inject, slaughterhouse, but what i am curious about is this...

i have been told that citrus is a good thing for birds...i have done a chicken, with a cored and sliced apple in the cavity and it was perfect...i was thinking of slicing oranges and toothpicking them over the top of it...

now, the big curiosity...i am either going to skin an orange, or two, and shove them into the cavity...but we were also wondering about the stuffing...since the stuffing is basically cooked, can we stuff the cavity with it and let it warm up...??

i know you guys have thoughts on this, and look forward to some great responses...

if i do not get a chance to say it, Happy Thanksgiving...you guys are great, and i have done nothing but smoke great meals since i have been reading y'alls experiences..

smoke on, eat strong!!

mosh

so...maybe i did not post this in the right spot...or maybe because i did not mention it was a turkey i was smoking...or maybe because i did not post a picture...??

not sure what i did wrong, to not get any responses...hopefully my sense of humor is coming through this post, because i am kinda playing around, but also just a lil surprised, not 1 response...

but i am bored, so i am posting again...today i am doing a pork piece, just barely over 2lbs, called a pork sirloin tip roast...slow under a thin blue smoke of mesquite...i will post pics later

as always...smoke on, eat strong!!

mosh

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky