Happy Birthday, Scott in KC!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

monty

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 17, 2005
Newark, Vermont
Many happy returns, brother! I have enjoyed your posts and have learned from you! Many more to come I would hope! Enjoy your special day and remember! Today is for you to do what you want and how you want!
Happy Birthday!
Cheers!
Monty

[marq=left:8c3611f37f]Happy Birthday Scott!!! Happy Birthday Scott!!! Happy Birthday Scott!!![/marq:8c3611f37f]

Thanks for the best wishes Friends. It was a beautiful day here, sunny and near 70. There was a chance for rain so I put off any smokin' ideas (ribs) until the weekend, shouldn't have, rain never came.

I did spend a some quality time enjoying the sunshine with our she-devil of a Border Collie (she's a great dog really) and our Grandson. I had one of my favorite meals for dinner, fried chicken, mashed 'taters, gravy biscuits and green beans (I ate waaaayyyyy too much :) ). The Mrs has been on OT this week but she found time to have a really cool cake made that was awesome with my favorite strawberry ice cream.

Had such a good time yesterday, I think I'll do it again next year!!

Scott you're the same age as my wife and I don't think she's old enough to be a grandmother! :shock: :lol:

Hope your birthday was fun and the ribs this weekend are the best ever! 8)

Bob, you've found me out!! My better half is a few years older than me. We've been together for just short of 10 years and it seems to work for us. She says that's because I'm prematurely grumpy!!

We didn't have kids until I was nearly 30, so we got a late start. It's great though to have the grandkids while you're still young as you can do so much more with them before your body falls apart. :oops: And then you may get to enjoy great-grandkids later on. :D

In addition to the 13yr old Grandson that lives with us, we have 2 Grandbaby boys that are 9months and 21 months. I never had kids of my own and let me tell ya, there's no prouder Grandpa than me!! I'm really smitten with the little buggers and getting to spend time with them is the just the greatest. The best part is, they go home to their Mom!! But they are so much fun when they're here
wink.gif

The older one that lives with us is a great kid and we're really proud of him. He's learned from me that there's no reason a man should be lost in the kitchen (much to his father's chagrin). He gets up at oh-dark thirty with me to fire up the cookers and prep meat, and really loves going to contests. He's my #1 team member and I'm really glad he enjoys it, there's lots worse things a kid could get interested in.

Scott, your oldest grandson is the same age as my youngest son. It's nice when they take an intrest in what we do. The other day I was mixing up some rub to have on hand when MT asked if he could help me the next time I fire up the smoker! I just may do some butts this weekend!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky