hanging in mes 30

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chevy16001

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
I bought a mes 30 and have done pulled pork and jerky but would like to venture into snack sticks and bologna and such..... do any of you hang sausages in a mes 30? Is it even possible?

I'm with you , Chevy. I'm borrowing a Bradley30" and am venturing into the Undiscovered Country soon. We'll do this learning curve . We've got a lot of experience to draw on... just remember . . .

I did a small amount, only 5 lbs. this week in my MES30, I am sure as long as you don't exceed 10 pounds it would easy breezy. I didn't have dowels but paper clips worked just fine.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/154130/sausages-foamheart

Hope it helps you about smoking, as to making sausage there are loads of guru's around here. My first step would be probably the moderator of the sausage thread in the forums. That means he's like the big kahuna of country sausages, breakfast sausages, summer sausages, beef sticks, and just generally a wealth of knowledge.

What he doesn't know, he knows the phone numbers to find out about. He can point you in the right direction.

Last edited:
I also own a 30 inch MES, and what I did, is went to the local big box hardware store (Lowes) and bought two 4 foot 3/4 inch hard wood dowels.  Then I went home, measured the width of the smoker, and then cut the dowels into lengths 1/2 inch shorter.  Then I measured the length between the rack mounts, marked that, centered on the rods, then cut a channel using my Dremel machine on both sides, so the dowels would sit flat when the smoker and not roll around. These channels are wide enough that the dowel sits on either side of the rack mount and about 1/3 the depth of the dowel.  2 4 foot dowels gives me 4 rods to hang sausage on.

Yea that's a good idea.....how much have u had hanging in yours?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky