Handy Man Stan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'll miss Stan too; I think I spent more time in MI talking to Stan then any one else at the Fattie contests.

He definitely made you feel like you had always been around and he could share alot of knowledge; I wish I had gotten to spend more time with him. He was always one of those people I looked forward to spending an afternoon with. Even my father liked to spend hours talking with him because of all the things he had dabbled in.

May you find peace where ever your journey takes you now Stan.

I am truly sorry for your loss Scott, I know how close you two were.

thanks Tom. I remember you and your dad talking with Stan a lot the couple years you made the voyage across the lake. I know Stan was happy we got you two all the way from Wisconsin to make a Michigan gathering. Stan will be missed by a lot of people in the smoking community. I’m glad you were able to meet him.

scott

Reactions: TomKnollRFV
My condolences to you and his family. That is a wonderful tribute to him. I grew up in that area, I lot of good folks there.
Thank you. I wish I could have put it into writing better. Or better yet if y’all could have met Stan yourselves.

you grew up around the lansing area?

scott

Thank you. I wish I could have put it into writing better. Or better yet if y’all could have met Stan yourselves.

you grew up around the lansing area?

scott
Yes, many years ago. We were on Theo Street then later on Baker street in about 1965-66 then my folks moved us out to Grand Ledge. Dad got tired of climbing telephone poles in the winter so we ended up in Florida.

Reactions: hillbillyrkstr
I spoke with Stan’s wife last night and she wanted me to tell y’all thank you for your kind words and for thinking about, and praying for Stan and his family. I sent her the link to this thread so I’m sure she read all your kind words. Thank you.

Bbq & the SMF we’re important to Stan and a big part of his life. I am talking with Stan’s bbq brothers and some other friends of mine and we are working on a proper tribute to Stan. Something to keep his legacy alive for years to come. I’ll have more info when that’s finalized.

again thank you and please feel free to share more memories of Stan if you think of them or just happen to stumble on this thread later.

scott

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky