Had the urge for a leg of lamb...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm not a real religious person but I think there is something in the good book against eating lamb. Not sure but I think I'm right so don't shot me down for miss information.

Warren

That's a thing of beauty! Perfectly done. I'm a fan of Lamb from young. Unfortunately my Wife and kids are not...JJ
Thank you! I really got into lamb when I stayed a few months in Israel. Stayed in Tel Aviv and commuted to Ashdod... they really know how to do lamb in the middle east.
I'm really surprised to hear so many people don't like lamb? I just have to wonder if they've just never had it properly served...??? I have no idea.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
I'm not a real religious person but I think there is something in the good book against eating lamb. Not sure but I think I'm right so don't shot me down for miss information.

Warren
It would appear pig is a no, but sheep (lamb) is a yes. Deuteronomy 14.
"
3 Don’t eat anything the Lord hates. 4 Here are the only animals you can eat. You can eat oxen, sheep, goats, 5 deer, gazelles, roe deer, wild goats, ibexes, antelope and mountain sheep. 6 You can eat any animal that has a divided hoof. But it must also chew the cud. 7 Some animals only chew the cud. Others only have a divided hoof. The camel, rabbit and rock badger chew the cud, but they don’t have a divided hoof. So you can’t eat them. They are not “clean” for you. 8 Pigs aren’t “clean” for you either. They have a divided hoof, but they don’t chew the cud. So don’t eat their meat. And don’t touch their dead bodies.
"

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky