Habenero Hot sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dave17a

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
west central Mo
20191016_184304.jpg View attachment 4

Attachments

• 20190819_174247.jpg
    20190819_174247.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: S-met
Once I visited a guy in the hot pepper biz, he had several large home-made habanero drying ovens (kilns?) in his basement and the whole house smelled like habs. It was wonderful.

Man! Thought there was a thread there.That was funny chile. This ferment is blowing through the air lock, if you notice on right side of air lock is cloudy. never had that happen before on previous attempts
Okay, now you're just teasing.
cept for sourkraut. Guess all will be good. Pineapple, habeneros, pablano, onion, garlic. Smoked peppers, onion, garlic.
Only way to go IMO. Third go around on this.

This ferment is blowing through the air lock, if you notice on right side of air lock is cloudy.
Blow-outs happen. You can paint your ceiling if you're not careful. I always try to leave headspace during primary fermentation. Kinda like canning, fill to the base of the neck. A fermentation weight may help you too.

After a while the peppers will start reabsorbing the liquid,mine did that it is okay
Richie

Blow-outs happen. You can paint your ceiling if you're not careful. I always try to leave headspace during primary fermentation. Kinda like canning, fill to the base of the neck. A fermentation weight may help you too.
Kit comes with an overflow cup. Says to fill to rim, push in cup to fill with liquid, dump, replace cup. Guess that takes liquid down but displacement of the cup brings it back up.
After a while the peppers will start reabsorbing the liquid,mine did that it is okay
Richie
Ya Richie, guess theres alot of moisture in the peppers and pineapple that the salt would squeeze out. thanks all

Who's product did you get. Mine is from perfect pickler. Seen others, all about the same. What I ordered came with couple different pamplets for pickling/ fermenting.

I've mason jars out the wazzoo, regular and wide mouths in sizes from half pint to half gallon.

I bought the, 'Year of Plenty Complete Fermenting Kit | Includes 4 NonSlip Grip Glass Fermentation Weights | 4 White Fermenting Lids | 1 12" Bamboo Cabbage Tamper'

And 14 5oz bottle set, with drip spouts, shrink wrap. funnel and labels.

Reactions: udaman
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky