Guess who isn’t smoking for Super Bowl

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This is what I did . I might have been a bit light on the time , because I deep fried . Not a bunch of info because I hadn't planned on posting it . It was really good .

what are the plans for a coating before the fry? Pan fry or do you have a deep fryer?
I’m kinda making up as I go along. I’m thinking after I pull the chicks from the SV, I’ll let the rest and dry off then a bath of buttermilk with some franks hot sauce . Then roll in flour, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder and salt and pepper. Then I figure I toss them in the deep fryer as it already has oil in it.
I’ll let you know. 😁

This is what I did . I might have been a bit light on the time , because I deep fried .
Never thought about brining but that would have been good. This was kind of a last minute idea

Reactions: chopsaw
Woke up @5am...-9 F....threw on chuck for shredded beef sandwiches later. Wood/coal smoker's been at 239 steady all day.

Not sure why, but I get a sort of self satisfaction when it's really cold out...it's a Minnesota thing...I think

I’m kinda making up as I go along. I’m thinking after I pull the chicks from the SV, I’ll let the rest and dry off then a bath of buttermilk with some franks hot sauce . Then roll in flour, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder and salt and pepper. Then I figure I toss them in the deep fryer as it already has oil in it.
I’ll let you know. 😁

Never thought about brining but that would have been good. This was kind of a last minute idea
Your plan sounds fantastic . I think you got it . Did I mention I'm have broth. .

Mid to upper 80s here in So Cal. I smoked my pork butt yesterday so I can stay out of those warm temps today. This is supposed to be the coldest and wettest month on average here. Not this year though. Almost constant Santa Ana winds for over a week and temps in the 80s and 90s. I’m sorry for all of you freezing right now but I’d love to swap 20 of your cold temps for 20 of my highs. Be safe out there and have an awesome Sunday.
G
Oh man, you’re making me miss Oceanside!!!

Ready for the game.
F256E197-9A72-497C-B722-DC39EAE29602.jpeg

Looks like you nailed it! No breading? just flour?
Thanks. Turned out pretty good. Wife said she’d serve it to friends (high praise for her 😂). Dipped in buttermilk with some franks hot sauce mixed in then seasoned flour. I didn’t measure the flour mixture but it was approximately a cup of flour, a teaspoon of smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and a pinch of cayenne.

Reactions: clifish
Woke up @5am...-9 F....threw on chuck for shredded beef sandwiches later. Wood/coal smoker's been at 239 steady all day.

Not sure why, but I get a sort of self satisfaction when it's really cold out...it's a Minnesota thing...I think
It is totally a Minnesota thing. Few years ago I posted smoking at -20 and in April when we were getting a blizzard. 😂. Maybe we are just insane?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky