grilling in the dark

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

djdienummeat

Original poster
Nov 11, 2019
Boston
Hi there!
I'm the one who likes grilling outside in evenings, but I'm also the one who fed up with shining grill workplace with the phone light, so I'm looking for advice. Maybe there are lamps for the grill, which fix on the surface somehow. I've found this list, are there any good options? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi there!
I'm the one who likes grilling outside in evenings, but I'm also the one who fed up with shining grill workplace with the phone light, so I'm looking for advice. Maybe there are lamps for the grill, which fix on the surface somehow. thanks in advance
There are lights with magnets that attach to the metal grill surface. I personally use an elastic headband with a flashlight attached. You can buy those as well

If not possible to set up permant lights outside the head light is the best way to go imo, they can be had cheap and you will find a lot more uses for it . I carry 1 every day at work and all of the times when I am outdoors hunting or fishing.

Reactions: negolien
What type grill do you have, Weber makes a light that goes on the handle.
Richie

Reactions: negolien
If you have electrical hookup near by you can run a halogen clamp-on lamp. I used to use a couple of these at a ranch I hunted for skinning bucks and wild hogs at night. They clamp onto just about anything and are fully adjustable to throw the light at any angle you choose, I ran two off of a Honda 1000 generator. They supply a lot of light, enough to read by or pull a sliver. RAY

I'm another one with a headband. Woks great. Best part about the head band is where ever your looking its lighting that area up. The led ones are really bright, almost like walking around in daylight.

I can vouch for the Weber lights. If by chance you have a Weber, I'd give them a look. They may even fit your handle.

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
This is what I finally ended up doing to solve that problem. It’s taking me a few weeks just wired it and ran gas line this weekend. Just got to stain it when the rough cut dries a bit. I have a drop down door on one side and sun curtains for the rest.

Attachments

• 3A2C849E-29AB-452B-BD8E-F660726CC7FE.jpeg
    3A2C849E-29AB-452B-BD8E-F660726CC7FE.jpeg
    202.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 1EB669FC-1587-4EF6-AE36-35CBC871FFA2.jpeg
    1EB669FC-1587-4EF6-AE36-35CBC871FFA2.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 23
Something like that needs a big led light or 2, put 2 from rural king in my carport and they work great for any thing and its a 26x18 , 1 would work wonders in there

I have used many headlamps for different activites, hunting, fishing, "smoking", and this is by far the best I have found and rechargeable. Charge is long lasting.

I am a headlamp fan all the way.. My wife thinks it looks stupid, but its always hands free and you can point it where you are looking. good for everthang! Walking dogs in the dark for example.

Mine is a Black Diamond one from REI - its years so I can link it for ya.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky