Grilled Shrimp Po'Boy - A New Englanders 1st Attempt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Well I've read allot about them. So I decided to give it whirl with the ingredients I had available at my disposal. Also shrimp happened to be on sale for 5.99/pound.

The Sauce( I know there's another name for this - just can't remember it at this moment).
Missing from the pic: Tony C's creole seasoning, Franks hot sauce and pickle relish.

DSC00997.JPG

Simple version: 1 1/2 cups mayo, squirt or two of katchup, two shakes of each onion, garlic cayenne, and chili powder. Three twists of the pepper grinder. A heaping tablespoon of Tony C's. Two shakes of Franks and two table spoons of semi-drained pickle relish.
DSC00998.JPG

Peeled and deveined shrimp on the skewrs.
DSC00999.JPG

Both sides seasoned with Tony'Cs.

DSC01001.JPG

...and onto the Kettle:

DSC01002.JPG

French bread with garlic and melted butter to get a slight crisp on the inside is added also basted the shrimp with the same garlic butter:
DSC01003.JPG

and the shrimps off the barbie.

DSC01004.JPG

First layer is the sauce:
DSC01005.JPG

Then the shredded lettuce and tomato
DSC01006.JPG

And finally the shrimp:
DSC01007.JPG

This sammie met all of our expectations. However I will say that the Tony C's was a bit to salty for our tastes. Next time I will either find another brand or make my own. Overall thou it was very very good.

Thanks for following

Chris

Shrimp po'boys are a favorite around here. Yours look great.

Tony C's "More Spice" has about half the salt as regular. Looks great and with the toasted roll, spot on. Love Remoulade sauce on seafood, here's the recipe my granny made;
- 1 Cup mayo
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp Crystal hot sauce
- 2 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp capers, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp drained dill relish or chopped Cornichon Pickles
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 scallion, minced
- kosher salt/cracked bp to taste
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- horseradish to taste

I love me some shrimp . That sammie looks delicious !! Please send 2 my way.. C.O.D. maybe ?:emoji_wink::emoji_wink:

Thanks Mike, We love shrimp up here also. I also wanted to do something different with them and this fit the bill.

That Po'boy looks too good to eat... NOT!
You're on a roll (pun) Chris, keep'em coming.
Like!

Appreciate it John, and I like the roll pun - very clever.

Chris

Great sandwich . Shrimp is cooked perfect . I stop buying the regular Tony's . I get the more spice or no salt versions .

Shrimp po'boys are a favorite around here. Yours look great.

Thanks Braz, I'm surprised there not very popular around here. At least I don't notice them on the menus when we eat out.

Tony C's "More Spice" has about half the salt as regular. Looks great and with the toasted roll, spot on. Love Remoulade sauce on seafood, here's the recipe my granny made;
- 1 Cup mayo
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp Crystal hot sauce
- 2 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp capers, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp drained dill relish or chopped Cornichon Pickles
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 scallion, minced
- kosher salt/cracked bp to taste
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- horseradish to taste

Thank you Wimpy, I'm going to bookmark your grandmas recipe for the next time. I knew I forgot something - the mustards. I picked up some brown spicy and ground to add but forgot about it - dang.

Chris

Great sandwich . Shrimp is cooked perfect . I stop buying the regular Tony's . I get the more spice or no salt versions .

Thank you chopsaw for the nice words and tip. Overcooking the shrimp was my biggest concern.

Wimpy also mentioned the More spice. Is it still Creole, and I'll have to look for the no salt. I rather control the amount of salt.

Looks real tasty Chris!!

Thank you WaterinHole for the like and compliment appreciate them.

Chris

Awesome!!!
I'd scarf down both of those, I'm a shrimp freak and a Po' Boy addict.

Cant believe I missed this. Great looking sandwich Chris! As always I'm sure the PBR was cold and refreshing.

Lately I've been marinating shrimp in EVOO lime juice soy sauce sriracha honey and minced garlic then grilling it on skewers. Goes great in salads and just by itself. If you want something tasty and different give it a try sometime

John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky