Greetings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sure! Just as they are tearing down the smokestack in Parkville you want to get to smokin!
OK. Your best bet is to go to Wal-Mart or Lowe's and buy an ECB. You can get a Brinkmann smoker (ECB) for about $35-$40 that will amaze you once you get going. If you decide smokin is NOT for you (you won't) you are not heavily invested. If you do decide smokin IS for you (you will) it is easy to move up to any level, but you will always have use for the ECB. Check into the ECB modifications that make it easier to use, they are simple. Those are my thoughts, for what they are worth.
You are off to a good start with Jeff's 5 day course. If you need to know ANYTHING this is the place to find it, and then some.
And check into the SMF gathering down at Truman Lake in June. Lot of good folks, good food, good times there. Come on down.
Welcome, smoke on!

They are taking WEEKS to get that smokestack in Parkville down, it's ridiculous. I stopped by my dad's earlier this week and told him about wanting a smoker. He said "Just come take mine. See if you like it and we'll go from there." He's so busy with being retired, he hasn't been using it. So now I just have to get the ol' hubby up there to pick it up. Hopefully tomorrow and I can start this week.

Yeah, I know how he feels. Since I retired I wonder how I had time to go to work. It's always something. Wife left this morning for Tulsa, business trip, she's back tomorrow evening. I'm making a smoked meatloaf and Ranger72's garlic mashed taters to welcome her back. Wait til you do a meatloaf! Outstanding!
Get that smoker and get going!
Understand they may put up a cell phone tower disguised as a smokestack to replace the old brick one.

Wow, so it's been almost 18 months since I first found you guys. And I finally have my smoker!!!! (a whole list of delays I won't get into). It's a
Brinkman
810-5501-0.gif

Anyway, I used it last week for a brisket and some ribs. Brisket was near perfect, ribs were ok. After reading some more I know what I need to do to make the ribs better. I know, I know, no qview it didn't happen
wink.gif

Anyway, I have a split chicken I was wanting to do tomorrow and just can't decide on the flavors I want. Also planning on doing a fatty!!!

Again, I can't tell you how much great info I have gotten from all the folks here. Now that I am finally in business, no telling where things will lead!!!

Welcome and I know your neck of the woods well. Lived int Belton for several years and now in Baton Rouge. Lots of good people and info here.

Mrs B - Welcome back. Congrats on getting rolling with your new rig. We look forward to your q-view.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky