Greetings Smokers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cavesage

Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Crossett, Arkansas
Cavesage here from the great state of Arkansas. I amd about 40 miles west of the Mississippi River and 9 miles North of the Louisiana State line. Will be smoking some ribs for the 1st time and found this forum for advice and found the best. I will be smoking in a home made rig made from old tanks that contained only water using dried hickory. Any recipes for rubs all meats will be welcomed.

Only tip I have... get rid of that nasty fat membrane (or whatver you call it... I personally call it the crap wrap) on the inside of the ribs... and you will be good to go!

Glad to see other new members like myself coming around and saying hello. So greetings from hog heaven!

Last edited:
Hi Cavesage! 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy to have you here! Would you do us a  favor and add your location to your profile, it helps people to know where you are when they offer advice, Thanks! 

Here is a very easy way of doing ribs that is very popular around here: http://www.smoking-meat.com/august-25-2011-smoked-baby-back-ribs.html

Hello Cavesage and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - glad you joined us  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky