Greetings from the west side of the Rocky Mountains (Utah)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

makieus

Original poster
Sep 25, 2016
Well, as you can guess, I am from Utah. Been attempting to smoke meats on and off for the last few years.

Have a Char-Grill BBQ with an offset firebox but never had very good temperature control. Although the smoked turkeys I've done for Thanksgiving have come out descent.

This summer, decided to build a terracotta smoker as a project. Reading the forums here, got lots of good advice, and smoking help, and decided it was time to join.

My DIY smoker has been getting better with each tweak I make after smoking some meats. Both in terms of temperature control and the amount of smoke.

End goal with my DIY smoker is to have it auto send me TXT messages on it's temperature, meat's temperature, and a few other odds and ends. Most likely next summer as I am having too much fun with the current iteration right now.

Now I need to work on marinating, rubs, etc...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky