Greetings from the KC BBQ Kingdom

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

QProject

Original poster
Dec 4, 2020
Kansas City, MO
Lifelong Kansas City home Barbecue'ist checking in!

I grew up eating at Smokestack, Arthur Bryant's, Gate's and Sons, LC's, Hayward's, in recent years Oklahoma Joe's, Woodyard's, Q'39 and a few more I am sure. Growing up I tended my Dad's grill on steak night, a tradition which continues today only I have become much more advanced. In College at Mizzou I met a great friend that introduced me the art of smoking meats. Over the years I have worked to better understand this art and have just recently decided to get another smoker, which I am in the process of restoring.

I was lucky to find a second hand offset smoker weighing in at 1172 square inches of total grill surface for $100. It needs some serious love and I am busy getting her back in shape. I will add the link below.

Big Rusty Offset Smoker Restoration
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/rusty-offset-smoker-restoration.303543/

I hope to learn more about sauce making, sausage making, sausage smoking, brisket flats, burnt ends, pork shoulder and boston butts. I have a great deal experience with all types of chicken and pork ribs.

I'd love to hear from everyone here especially any folks in my area.

QProject

Reactions: JC in GB
Welcome from Ohio. I lived near KC my junior and senior year of high school. Independence area. You found the right place to learn all that and more.

Reactions: QProject
Welcome to the site, glad to have ya join up.

Chris

Reactions: QProject
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky