Greetings from Northern California

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cfking

Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Northern California
Hi everyone—

Glad to be here. I’m located in the San Francisco Bay Area and have been interested in smoking/BBQ for many years. Got into it on my own but then married my wife—a fourth generation Texan who loves brisket and most everything that comes off the grill—so I had to step up my game. :)

So far as experience goes, I’ve worked my way through various Weber and other brand kettles,  and Brinkman and Cook’N Cajun smokers (both charcoal and electric). I’ve been using a Great Outdoors Smokey Mountain propane smoker for the past four years and it’s been excellent—allows me to smoke turkeys and hams during the holidays and any other time of year no matter what the weather.

I’m currently studying cold smoking with the help of “Charcuterie” by Michael Ruhlman and Brian Polcyn (a terrific book). Online research led me to A-MAZE-N smokers and, now, SMF. I look forward to getting to know you folks, trading tips and learning all I can.

Charles

Hi Charles! 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy you found us!

Hello Charles and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - glad to have you here 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky