• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Greetings from Chesterfield, Virginia

gregl

Joined Nov 25, 2010
Good evening all,

I'm a newbie to smoking.  I have a Brinkmann Gourmet Electric which I bought on sale at a True Value hardware store.  I've used it about a half-dozen times so far and the highlight was my Thanksgiving turkey.  Let me tell you, the brine made all the difference.  I could not believe a bird could smell so smoky good and be so juicy and tender.  Dang, I'm getting hungry now.  :-)

Anyway, I'm doing a pork loin right now as I write this and hope it comes out as well as the turkey did.

Take care everyone and I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Greg

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Hello Greg and welcome to SMF. Looks like you are on the road to smokin happiness. You might want to look in the equipment section as there are several mods for your smoker that can help you do it better.  Glad you are here

adiochiro3

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 19, 2010
Welcome!  Don't forget to post some pix of your creations!

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
Welcome to SMF, lots of good ideas for smokes here and great people.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

tom37

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 24, 2009
Welcome to the site Greg, glad to hear the turkey turned out great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.