Green Wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin stang

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 15, 2006
Paducah, Kentucky
Anyone see a problem using green wood as long as you burn it down to red coals in a seperate box than your pit and then add it to your pit adding a piece of seasoned wood every now and then? Any problems with creosote or taste doing it this way?

I think you have to burn it real hot like at 300  i heard,and yes there is some problem with creosote.I have never used green wood myself,I would do a search and some reading if it were me!good luck

I don't see any problem as long as the wood is burned down to red coals. Having never used green wood, I think what you'll have to do is either use charcoal, or dry wood to at least start the fire and get it going.

Anyone see a problem using green wood as long as you burn it down to red coals in a seperate box than your pit and then add it to your pit adding a piece of seasoned wood every now and then? Any problems with creosote or taste doing it this way?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky