Green Tomato Relish

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Got my Green Tomato Relish made this morning. Really not that much fun cutting up gallon toatoes and 3 lbs onions. I did a low sugar version. Guess find out in couple weeks if any good. Think cooked a little to long. Around here all the Catfish places serve it.

20200614_084614.jpg
20200614_094226.jpg
20200614_094233.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222 and mike243
Interesting, let us know the results. Usually have a bunch of green at seasons end. Might be a use for them.

Here the recipe I use only I used Truvia Cane Sugar Blend. Been really happy with it. I make my simple sugar for Old Fashion and taste really good.

Got my Green Tomato Relish made this morning. Really not that much fun cutting up gallon toatoes and 3 lbs onions. I did a low sugar version. Guess find out in couple weeks if any good. Think cooked a little to long. Around here all the Catfish places serve it.

View attachment 449325View attachment 449326View attachment 449327
Let us know how it goes. I plan on doing this in the fall when the tomatoes quit ripening. I have 27 plants so should have a decent amount of green at the end.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky