Green mountain grill pellet release door question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

txsameat

Original poster
Dec 18, 2019
Hey ya'll! new to this smoking thing and can't wait to get started.

But first I have a question about the grill itself. specifically the style of metal door used to release the pellets in the hopper

long story short my brand new green mountain prime daniel boone had to be exchanged

the first had just a little metal piece that slide into an insert that you just pull up to release the pellets

the one they exchanged it for has a much nicer pellet release door that has a turn screw.

Did they slip me an older model? which is the new style?

Nice, they work very well once you get yourself tuned into it. Easy and efficient.

Mine is a slide, Jim Bowie Prime maybe 8 months old.. Maybe they have updated that to a screw now, I am sorry I am not sure.

The serial number should be on the back, call GMG and ask them to confirm the model for you maybe.

I have a year old Daniel Boone and mine is the slip style. My only complaint is wish it had a chute on it to funnel better into a container

Reactions: JimInFla
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky