Green Bay Packer Brats - Step-by-Step with LOTS of Q-View - Good for Rookies!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thank you!
I cannot encourage a separate stuffer enough.  If you want chunks of cheese (I do!! Cheddar in my brats! Pecorino in my Italian! Feta in my greek!) or large pepper corns... You NEED to have it. Also, it just goes faster, less breakadge and air pockets... LOVE!

Hope Santa takes care of ya!

-Princess

Awesome post. Great step by step. A grinder/stuffer is on my X-mas list this year. And sausage is on the to do list for sure.

Thanks for the instruction.

Very nice Princess! Great tutorial and the pictures are great! You go girl! I might have to give it a try!

Thanks Mballi!

Do we have a how-to section? Other than the wiki?  I hope to get a bunch of stuff up there.

Cheers!

-Princess

icon_cool.gif

Yes again you have done one great Job there Princess. It will definatly be on the fasttrack to Wiki heaven. Now I think it should be in the how to section for sausage making.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
You better watch out or this thread will also be called for Holding

Fresh casings can be bought on line in a lot of great places, but my butcher orders mine for me. I really prefer liquid-pack. I wanted to show salt pack because thats what most of you will find and buy.  If you PM me your address, I can ship a small (50')salt pack off to you in trade for a good recipe of yours? ;)

Man I want to try that! Where on earth do you get the casings though? I live in BFE & there's nothing like that here? Is it hard to open them to clean & stuff?

I am so hooked on sausage making... all my trim meats go into the freezer for grinding. I buy beef when it goes on sale for patties... love it.  Brekkie sausage for the kids? :)

Great post and if santa brings me a grinder and stuffer I will be making them.  Good thing I have 2 kids  haha

That's what I use!! And since you live nearby, I'll tell you this too: I buy it in bulk at Nature's Pharm on State Rd 38 in Lafayette (by the KMart)

-Princess

What is powdered milk solid? Is this just powdered milk?

Great job and looks great.

RW Willy, NWDave, Bearcarver, scarbelly, alelover, Beer-B-Q (and anyone else Imay have missed!)... Thanks to ALL of you for taking a peek at this post! And thanks for the great compliments! :)

I have a ton of fun putting these together...

-Princess

Isn't that what it's all about? having fun? and pigging out. And I wonder why my thighs will soon be in the Guiness World Book. Lawsy.

Thanks for the compliment, nozzleman!

No pics of the finished product, sadly. :(   We brought them to a friend's house for a grill-out and I stupidly forgot my camera. BUT! The taste was great!! My sweet husband is in charge of the grill here at Castle Steele and he does a marvelous job. Slow and low..  They were fat and juicy, and the cheese just melted into the meat. The best compliment I got was from a dear friend who was like, "You MADE these?!?"  Love that feeling!

-Princess
Excellent post, do you ahve any finished pictures or feedback of how you like the taste?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky